Composed Living is an LA-based professional organization company focused on bringing order and beauty into every aspect of our daily lives. We believe that putting organizational systems in place not only saves you times and money, but also allows you the space to focus your energy where it really matters. Elsa Elbert, founder of Composed Living, has over twenty years of experience, along with a Masters degree in Organizational Leadership. She has beautifully transformed many homes, streamlined people's everyday lives, built efficient workflows and spaces, and guided her clients on their path of personal growth. Composed Living works with people and businesses in the greater Los Angeles area and beyond.
Elsa Elbert, Owner
I believe so much in the connection between the physical space we occupy and the emotional state that occupies us in return.
For most people, having a physically organized space fosters a sense of calm. When things are out of place, or overrun with clutter, it causes a physical reaction of stress whether we acknowledge it or not. The visual distractions subconsciously pull our attention away from the things we want to be focusing on - like quality time with your significant other, or being a really present mom for your little ones. I know from experience that if my kids are trying to tell me a story, but their belongings are strewn all around the room, my attention is split between the visual distraction and wanting to really connect with them. By creating systems in our house that are easy for them to use, they are able to stay organized, our house stays relatively clutter free, and as a result, we get to spend so much more of our time just being together as a family.
The idea of providing this change, inspiring clarity of mind and creating peace for people in their surroundings is how Composed Living came to be. Order emerging from chaos is an exceptional gift, and one that doesn't have to be overly costly, or environmentally harmful. I love finding ways to repurpose or reimagine an existing belonging, or discover an unusual and beautiful use for an everyday item. I truly look forward to helping each client, and watching them find the same joy I do, once their space - and sometimes their sanity - is refreshed and renewed!
- Mom to 3 boys: Lukas (18), Lincoln (10), & Hayes (8)
- Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
- Moved: 17 times in 10 years (does this qualify me as a moving expert?!)
- Alma Mater: UW Seattle (BA-Philosophy) and Gonzaga (MA-Organizational Leadership)
- Current reads: The Untethered Soul; What Your Clutter is Trying to Tell You
- Fave movie: When Harry Met Sally; Sleepless in Seattle; You've Got Mail (any 90s romance with Meg Ryan or Tom Hanks! Or both!)
- Fave TV Show: Beverly Hills, 90210. (Obsessed!)
- Passion: Helping kids in foster care. To learn more about the organizations I love, click here!